WHAT IS A CRASH COURSE?
Join a PCG Nutritionist for an hour call and learn about basic nutrition for an endurance athlete. We encourage you to listen to the 45 minute presentation and we will leave approximately 15 minutes at the end for a few questions.
CRASH COURSE OUTLINE:
- A brief education on the importance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat
- What types of foods to choose from carbohydrates, proteins, and fat
- For example: lean proteins, unsaturated fats, and more
- General nutrition recommendations
- For example: focusing on whole grains, unprocessed foods, eating every 3-4 hours to avoid low blood sugars, including protein at all meals and snacks, and more
- How to determine your caloric needs based on your activity level and goals
- Why sports nutrition differs from everyday nutrition
- For example: athletes need more protein than a sedentary person
- Glycogen – what is it?
- Limited capacity for carbohydrates and why knowing how many carbohydrates you consume is important
- Protein – how much?
- Why excess is not helpful
- Why we need it/don’t need it during exercise
- Fats – their ability to give us fuel
- Good fats vs. bad fats (trans fat)
- How much fat in the diet?
- Hydration – guidelines and tips on maintaining. Tips on how to create drinking habits
- Training Nutrition – guidelines per hour, grams of carbohydrates, and more
- Ergogenic aids – beet juice, caffeine, beta alanine, creatine
- Timing of meals for daily nutrition
QUESTIONS? NEED MORE INFO?
To inquire about nutrition consulting or receive more information contact us.