Off Season Cross Training 8 Weeks (No Cycling) is an 8 week plan designed for the Cyclist or Triathlete who can train 7-8 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks).
The season has ended, but it’s important to keep some general fitness through the off season. Also, now is the time to build a strong foundation for next season. This plan includes no cycling but offers alternative workouts to maintain fitness and build strength in the off season.
1. Walking Lunges 3 x 10
2. Bulgarian Squat 2 x 8
3. Pull Up 2 x 10
4. Push Up 2 x 15
5. Plank 4 x 45 Seconds
6. Physio Ball Back Extensions 2 x 10
7. Dumbbell (Kettlebell) Squat 2 x 10
8. Platform Depth Jumps 1 x 8
9. Long Jumps 1 x 8
10. Barrier Lateral Jumps 1 x 8
11. Dumbbell/Kettlebell High Swing 2 x 8
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee…
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training…
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group…
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities…