Triathlon Training with Power is a pioneering guide for every triathlete that wants to go to the next level and use their power meter to the fullest. Coach Hunter Allen and exercise physiologist Dr. Chris Myers show you the secrets of the pros and break down complicated subjects into simple, actionable steps that can be used quickly and daily. Triathlon Training with Power demystifies peaking for a race, pacing for any distance event and training effectively based on your limited training time.
- Eight unique and cutting-edge training plans for Triathlon and running.
- The latest in power training principles for all three sports
- Which power meter should you buy? Cycling? Running? Swimming?
- Key bio-mechanics of swimming so you swim faster with less energy.
- Running power data: How to use it during your sessions and after.
- Learn how to create your own training plan using the latest in periodization techniques.
- Discover your power training Levels for Cycling, Running and Swimming
- The exact testing protocols you need to be successful!
- Over 75 graphs that easy explain concepts
- Case study on using power for Long Distance Triathlon
- Over 200 workouts for you to use!
Triathlon Training with Power is the first ever book to bring training with a power meter together for all the three sports of triathlon. Co-Authors, Dr. Chris Myers and Hunter Allen bring over 30 years of combined experience in coaching triathletes and using power meters.
Training with the latest in power tech can be intimidating, but this book will teach you how to easily apply the latest in training principles to your triathlon training and racing. Quantifying your work load, understanding your strengths and weaknesses, discovering your training zones, using the best testing protocols all will make you a faster, more economical triathlete. Pacing so that you give exactly 100% and you have left it all “out on the road” is one of the many key concepts you’ll learn in Triathlon Training with Power. Simple to use training plans will put you on the right track right from the beginning of your training with power journey and even the most experienced triathlete will excel.